Owners Dominic and Giuseppe Tringali were born in Augusta, Sicily Italy. Dominic, who is the older brother, worked in a local bakery as a young boy before coming to America in 1948. Once in America Dominic settled in Detroit Michigan and began working at a bakery. After a few years, he was hired at Ford Motor Company. He worked there in order to support his family but he was not happy. His main ambition was to open a bakery of his own. In 1958, he did just that. He opened a bakery called Tringaliís Italian Bakery, on Kelly Road in Harper Woods Michigan. His brothers Vincenzo and Giuseppe were also partners in the business. Through many years of long hours and hard work, they were able to make the business very successful. In 1961, they built a second bakery in Warren Michigan, on Schoenherr Road near 12 mile. Though Vincenzo later moved to Florida, Dominic and Giuseppe continued to work hard to build the business into what it has become today. Eventually, the Harper Woods store closed, and they devoted their long hours to the Warren location. Their main purpose was to supply a variety of Italian breads, sub buns, cookies, pastries, cakes, and the bakeryís specialty, "the cannoli", to their customers. During the past 50 years that purpose & ambition has not changed. The business is still family owned and operated. The homemade quality and freshness that customers have come to know has not changed. Many bread products, sub buns, and cannoli made by Tringaliís bakery can also be found in many restaurants, sub shops and stores around the metro Detroit area.
| CONTACT US
Copyright ©2005-2008 Tringali's Bakery. All rights reserved.